October 11, 2009

Strawberries in Spiced Syrup



Recipe Courtesy of LFRAME29 on allrecipes.com

I had vanilla ice cream, and I had a bunch of strawberries. I didn't want just plain strawberries on my plain vanilla ice cream, so I found a recipe to spice them up! Serve these warm fresh spiced strawberries over your favorite ice cream and you'll surely be pleased.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 pints strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
Directions:
  1. In a saucepan, stir together the sugar and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until it becomes syrupy. Mix in the nutmeg and cinnamon, and remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then pour over sliced strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment