October 11, 2009

Froggy Cupcakes





I've been trying to find ways to liven up the usual boring cupcake, so I did some internet searching and have seen several pictures and ideas! I made these on a whim and they turned out awesome.

Ingredients:
  • One box cake mix
  • Butter cream Frosting (store bought, or make your own) - I make my own.
  • Large Marshmallows
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Green sugar sprinkles
  • Green Food Coloring
  • I used blue frosting for the lips, but you can also use the thin red licorice candy.
Directions:
  1. Make the cupcakes according to the boxed cake mix. Allow them to cool.
  2. Frost each cupcake with green food colored butter cream frosting.
  3. To make the eyes: Cut large marshmallows in half, dip curved side in water, then dip into green sugar sprinkles. Take one chocolate chip and place on marshmallow using a little bit of frosting as glue.
  4. The mouth can be either a small piece of thin red licorice candy or colored butter cream frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment