I have decided that it would be fun to create birthday cupcakes in the shape of a favorite animal for coworkers. These were for my friend Alex who requested tigers.
- One box cake mix
- Orange, pink, and black food coloring
- Butter cream frosting (store bough or homemade) - I make my own
- Mini marshmallows
- Prepare cupcakes as directed by boxed cake mix. Allow cakes to cool.
- In small bowls, color portions of butter cream in orange, pink and black. You'll need mostly orange.
- Frost each cupcake with orange colored frosting.
- Use the corner of a small ziplock back as a piping bag to create ears, a nose, whiskers and stripes.
- For the eyes: cut mini marshmallows in half, and place a small drop of black butter cream on top.