October 12, 2009

Pizza Dough I




Recipe Courtesy of Gudny Bjorg Kjaerbo from allrecipes.com

I wanted to to start making my own pizza at home so found this recipe and gave it a shot. It turned out ok, nothing crazy. I think the dough could be a bit sweeter. Next time I will check out another recipe. I usually bake all my pizzas on my awesome pizza stone. You'll never get a soggy crust!
I went ahead and added all the water, honey/sugar and yeast in my kitchen aid mixer bowl and let that sit for about 10 minutes. I mixed all dry ingredients in another bowl and gradually added them to the wet using my dough hook. I let my kitchen aid knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 (.25 oz) package active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
  • 1 cup warm water
Directions:
  1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.
  2. Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.


1 comment: